March 15, 2022 at 5:16 am #895
I purchased the WP Express Checkout Subscriptions Addon and use this add-on with Simple Membership. It has worked until today, but today I have linked this app to another PayPal account because PayPal Thailand does not support guest checkout. I have now switched Client IDs and Secret Keys to both “Sandbox” and “Live” mode, but now I only get an error message in the form of a pop-out window when I click to pay (Error: Create Subscriptions API respons error) . See: [estudie.no/abonnement-medlemskap]
Why do I get this error message and what do I need to do to get rid of it? Have triple checked that I have entered the Client IDs and Secret Keys correctly.March 15, 2022 at 8:41 am #897March 15, 2022 at 8:41 am #898March 15, 2022 at 11:41 am #899
I have now tried to create a new sandbox and live REST API apps to make sure there is nothing wrong with my Client ID or Secret key. It did not solve my problem. When I go to https://developer.paypal.com/ and look at Live API call history I get a yellow light with reference to “/ v1 / billing / subscriptions” and “PayPal debug ID = f3832580e4731”. I do not know what this means. Can you help me? Do you need a username / password to be able to log in? Help this is crisis.March 15, 2022 at 11:58 am #900adminKeymaster
Hi, This is related to the PayPal account/API key (it’s not an issue within the plugin). With that said, few things to check:
1) PayPal doesn’t support the express checkout API in all countries. So you need to make sure that you are using a PayPal account that supports it. Before switching to a new account, did you verify with PayPal that they support express checkout for the country that the new account is in?
2) If you plug in the API values of the account you were using before, does it work fine?
3) Did you crate a NEW app this this new account and get BOTH the live and sandbox keys?
Make sure to plug in ALL the keys (both the live and sandbox keys). Sometimes users only plug in the sandbox keys then they try to use live mode and that will produce an error.
4) Are you using live mode or sandbox mode? Do you have the “Live Mode” checkbox check in the settings menu of the plugin?
Paypal’s sandbox servers can sometimes have issues. They can take a few days to sort it out and in the meantime you will think that your API keys are wrong. So best to try a transaction in Live mode using a $1 product.
5) Do you have any page or database caching on this site? Does your hosting provider use caching? It is very important that the OLD API key values are not being cached by your server. Contact your hosting provider and request to empty all cache so the new values can take effect for sure.March 15, 2022 at 12:05 pm #901adminKeymaster
Also make sure to create NEW subscription product after you change your API keys. You can’t use the subscriptions of your old account using the new API keys that you have entered.
For Security reasons, PayPal won’t let you create the subscription products using one account then switch to a different account. So make sure to delete the existing subscription products that you created with the old API keys. Then create NEW subscription products after you enter NEW API keys.
You can delete and create products from the “Products” menu of the plugin,March 15, 2022 at 12:30 pm #902
Thanks it works
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.