If you’ve decided that the WP Express Checkout Plugin will be the right fit for your website and business venture, this documentation will help you get started from the installation process right through to the basic and required set up.
There is not a lot of setup involved with this simple eCommerce plugin for WordPress. So you can configure this plugin quickly and start selling products and services from your WordPress site fast.
Video Tutorial: Basic Setup and Usage
Written Tutorial: Basic Setup and Usage
1) Installing and Activating the Plugin
- Click on the ‘Plugins‘ menu and then on ‘Add New‘.
- Click on ‘Upload Plugin‘.
- Click on ‘Choose File‘ and locate the zip file for this plugin (wp-express-checkout-zip). This zip file will generally be located in your computers downloads folder.
- Click on ‘Activate Plugin‘.
- You have now ‘Installed and Activated‘ the WP Express Checkout Plugin. A new menu will appear within your WP dashboard on the left-hand side.
2) Configuring the Basic Settings
Before you go ahead and create your first product or service that you will sell to your customers via the PayPal Payment Gateway, we will need to configure some basic settings.
- Within your WordPress dashboard, click on the WP Express Checkout menu and then on Settings. This will bring you to the main settings page for this plugin.
- Select your Currency Code from the drop-down menu. This will be the currency that you wish for all products to be listed in. You can alter the currency symbol if needed.
- The ‘Thank You Page URL‘ lists the URL of your thank you page. This page can be found and edited from your WordPress pages menu. This page should not be deleted.
- Mark the ‘Live Mode‘ checkbox if you wish to currently run real-life transactions. To run test transactions (sandbox transactions) leave the checkbox unmarked.
- Enter your ‘PayPal Credentials‘: ‘Live Client ID‘ and ‘Sandbox Client ID‘ into the appropriate fields. Please see below if you are unsure where you can locate this information.
- Style the payment button if you wish to by choosing a: ‘Button Type‘, ‘Button Shape‘, ‘Button Layout‘, ‘Button Height‘, ‘Button Width‘ and ‘Button Color‘. An example of your button will be displayed under the ‘button preview’ section.
- Click the ‘Save Changes‘ button. You are now ready to create your first product.
How Can I Locate my Live and Sandbox Client ID’s?
If you are unsure where you can locate your PayPal Credentials which are required pieces of information to use this plugin, please see the instructions below:
- Log into your PayPal developer account and click on the ‘My Apps and Credentials‘ menu.
- Click on the ‘Create App‘ button in the ‘Sandbox‘ tab.
- Give the app a meaningful name so you will remember its intended use and then click the ‘Create App‘ button. You should now be able to see your sandbox client ID. Copy and paste this ID from your PayPal account into the settings menu of the WP Express Checkout Plugin.
- You will now need to toggle to the ‘live‘ my apps and credentials tab to complete the same steps to create a ‘Live Client ID‘.
- Once you have your ‘Live Client ID‘ make sure you copy and paste it into the appropriate field in the WP Express Checkout settings menu.